Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's almost time for James 4 month update but before I do that I wanted to blog some other things. :) We celebrated my 27th birthday a few days back. James and I had a lazy day, Karl surprised me with a beautiful dozen roses and Amy came over for dinner. She then watched James for us while Karl and I went to the Timpangoes temple together to do a session for the first time since James has been born. It was an awesome experience! There is such a peace and feeling of love there! It was good for Karl and I to get away and have a little time together.



Love for James comes so easy! I spent 9 months having him grow in me, went through a painful labor, I spend 24 hours a day catering to his every need and am also his only supply of food at the moment. I have an unlimited amount of patience and love for him. My wise mother has been teaching me that James will get less and less dependant on me and eventually will leave the nest and have his own family. Whereas Karl was with me before James and will be with me after James. I need to make sure that he doesn't get left out of the equation or get what little is left of me, but that he gets an equal part.



Karl loves his job! He is doing very well at it and has been told that he has brought a spark of excitement to his fellow coworkers. He feels so good about his product and ability to help others prepare for the future. He puts in lots of hours but has made sure that when he is home, he's home and plays with James and dances with me in the kitchen or whatever I need to feel his love. We have started a little family dance, a few with James and then just me and Karl to whatever song is on the radio. It is such a sweet moment!



When he comes home and the house is a mess or I didn't get something done he had asked me to do he is so patient and loving and doesn't get angry. He is quick to forgive my angry outbursts and show how to smile even when things aren't going as well as one had hoped. At the end of this month we have been married two years. My mom has called Karl my Johnny Lingo and I think in so many ways he has been. He has helped me see what great worth I have as a daughter of God. He has helped improve my thinking to a more positive level, and helped me really see the joy that the gospel has to offer. We have had some scary ups and downs that life has thrown us but I hope that we are closer to the Lord and to each other because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment