Saturday, May 29, 2010

Guess who's going to have a baby?!

Karl and I are proud to announce that we are Pregnant with our first child! It has proven an interesting adventure thus far and it has only been 8 weeks.

Lessons learned:

Pregnancy tests... if a dominant line and then a really really faint line shows up you could most likely be pregnant.


Saltine crackers really are a pregnant girls best friend.. tried others and too buttery; don't settle well

Ginger Ale supposedly settles stomachs.. not mine!

Ginger root boiled in water also supposed to settle stomachs.. again it had the opposite effect


Little things about me that have changed...

I am a stomach side sleeper and have learned it is possible to sleep on my back to prevent the nausea that comes from being on my side and stomach.. i miss my tummy sleeping!!

Going to the bathroom at 2 am and 5 am has become a common occurence
Eating every 3 hours is a must!

Eating too much is now a possibility.. before I could eat eat eat..

Brushing teeth is a daring gag challenge

Our baby is soo little and yet is already making a pretty big difference in our life. Pregnancy isn't quite what I thought it would be. But the thing that keeps me feeling like it's not just the flu but an actual baby growing is reading a pregnancy book that walks me through what is going on with our baby each week, that helps me focus on the miracle that it truly is!








2 comments:

  1. Lindsay!!!
    I am so excited that you are pregnant!!! It sounds like pregnancy is not so fun eh :-( ?? I love your blog and would love to keep up in touch with you. How is living scriptures going? I miss you.
    Love jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay!!!
    I like your blog! Good work... someday I would like to start my own... Maybe you can show me how its done and then I can actually do it!!!
    Have I mentioned how excited I am that you are pregnant?!? That is awesome. However I'm sorry that you have all the nasty sick junk. Here's another couple ideas for you to try and reject! ha ha ha everyone is different as every baby is different so who knows what will work for you right? But here I go giving my two bits... :)
    1. PB&J was always a winner for me because it went down okay... but if it came back up it wasn't nasty. Nice and smooth both ways! :)
    2. I don't know why but grapefruit was amazing! It was the only thing that calmed my stomach... Don't know how that one is coming back up.. caution i would assume. :)
    3. Zofran :) After way two much puking and sick all day long I got a perscription from my dr. and it was amazing...
    So that is my two bits. :)
    I sure hope you find something to help you...
    Love ya tons and I am so happy for you! I sure wish we were closer!
    Ashley Rowe :)

    ReplyDelete